ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER...

...or is that Absinthe?

I don't know. All i know is that i have been absent from posting blogs on here a couple of weeks in a row now and i am happy to be back.
My dear Dad passed away suddenly in recent weeks and it has been one Hell of a hard time for us all. I have suffered through a split from my fiancee after 8 years, had to move out of home, get used to not seeing my son every single day, struggling to find a regular day job and a new place of my own, sleeping on a 2-seater sofa in my folks' living room next to my Dad on his hospital bed and then having him pass away all of a sudden while i was out and my Mum was on her own with him. I returned to witness the paramedics trying to resuscitate him, held his hand, helped where i could, accompanied them in the ambulance but all to no avail.

My Dad had gone...

My ex then decided to stick the knife in deeper, as if i needed it or could take much more, and i almost lost my own life as a result. That is, until waking one day soon after all of this and feeling an eerie sense of calm in every inch of me. Every day after that felt the same and i could feel my strength returning. I am not religious, never have been and never will be. But spiritual in some ways, yes. And i couldnt't help but think it was impossible to feel that calm and feel such serenity permeating every inch of my being and that my Dad must be watching over me in some way and had pulled me back from the brink (which is where i was). I remained calm and feeling strength return to me every single day after that and even on my Dad's funeral day my heartbeat was steady and my head in a good place as i carried his coffin every single step of the journey from chapel to graveside and also lowered it into the ground.
I also met the most wonderful and beautiful woman who has ever come into my life and happiness abounds...i know my Dad is still with me...he is in my heart and he is in my soul and my blood....without him my son may very well have been without a father of his own today....

Which brings me back home to Sarcophilous....and, despite not planning to reveal anything about these 2 planned releases anytime in the first half of 2010, i have decided to embrace how upbeat i am feeling by sharing in some of the happiness by (hopefully) putting some smiles your way too!

So, without further a do, let us proudly announce plans for the release of 2 super-rare Italian obscurities by Renato Polselli, "OSCENITA'" and "LA VERITA' SECONDO SATANA"........;)

More details to follow....bon ape-tit!

Wayne & Clive
Blog Archives
Where to Buy Sarcophilous DVD's
About Sarcophilous Films
Dedicated to releasing the neglected gems of cult cinema, 'Sarcophilous Films' will endeavour to use its meager means to access obscure, rare, neglected, unchampioned and even long-considered 'lost' films and source the best materials and extras possible for Special Edition DVD releases.
Others fond of Flesh